You Are Disabled You Are Disabled

The reviews are interesting, to say the least.

I'm going to try to provide some constructive feedback for the author of this game, as I really dislike it when a promising concept goes to waste.

1. The message is offensive. You're deliberately portraying the disabled as powerless, nonverbal, and weak, instead of as people at a disadvantage. This imbalance is at its most extreme in the Crippled section, where the protagonist is repeatedly threatened with sexual abuse by faceless caricatures of people. The dialogue is so crude, repetitive, and vicious that it implies you are trolling the player. I believe this would be easily remedied by adding in dialogue for the protagonist and avoiding rape exploitation for shock value.

2. The design and execution of the game lends itself to something much more sinister than a humanitarian story-platformer. The atmosphere would be helpful for a game meant to be disturbing or horrific, but it isn't useful when you're trying to promote equal rights for the disabled. It's too dark for that. I think you should decide whether you want to create social commentary or a horror game, because You Are Disabled is sitting on the fence.

3. The smugness of the ending screen. I recommend putting in some links for charities to assist the disabled.

4. The gameplay punishes players hard. It hurts players so hard that, once again, it implies that the author is trolling them. This isn't a way to enlighten people as to the challenges of being disabled, as the in-game challenges are so stilted and unrealistic that the player can no longer relate to the struggle of beating them. With this level of deceptive difficulty, you're only going to retain players who want to win, and that's it. I recommend going more Super Meat Boy and less I Wanna be the Guy with your gameplay.

That's about it. I can appreciate a game for what it is, and right now You Are Disabled is piecemeal and underdeveloped. Proper time to work on it and a more respectful perspective on disabilities assumed, the next version of it will be amazing.

Absentia - Episode 2 Absentia - Episode 2

Excellent voice acting and suspense. The gameplay, however, isn't nearly as impressive. It feels like more of a visual narrative than a game. I'm not sure if that's the angle you were going for, but if it is, good job.

Everyone Together Everyone Together

A challengingly fun game with a beautiful message. Good job.

YOU LOSER VERY BIG YOU LOSER VERY BIG

I'd like to request multiple secret positions for the next game. Alternatively, a spatula covered in crap in the top left-hand corner of the game screen would be nice too.

BestGamesInc responds:

OK but that's a lot of work, but thanks for suggestion.

Second Wind Second Wind

Nethack hell. Again.

I -adored- this. It's fantastic, I can't stop playing, and I think my dog is having an aneurysm but I can't stand up from the computer desk long enough to check, because f**k you, Smith. Psionic is obviously a class made for you to enjoy the game with, and I have certainly been doing so.

squidly responds:

I really hope no dogs die because of this game.

Tallboy Tallboy

This is a well-executed concept, with a few select flaws. I think that, if you ever ended up porting this to a mobile device, it would be a hit. As a reviewer, I'd like to detail a few issues I had with the game as it stands.

1. While some of the brighter backgrounds work fine, a few of them, such as the cityscape with the bouncing buildings, are a little too muted, causing the beautiful artwork to fade against Tallboy. They're nearly indistinguishable sometimes.

2. The music. It was very, very pretty music, with a strong beat. Gathering food, jumping, and ducking were more difficult because enemies and food often didn't follow the rhythm. It'd be more immersible if you paced food drops and enemies to match the music (which could be really boring and hard or really easy, I dunno.)

3. The ground. For some reason, I couldn't duck very well with the control key and had to use the mouse. The ground, though, is too short and I usually ended up flinging my cursor around the game title and losing track of Tallboy.

Great game, otherwise! Fun!

Distance Distance

Ugh.

AustinBreed-...

Can your next plot be about an upbeat, Gurren Lagann style journey to victory and beyond?

When Pigs Fly When Pigs Fly

I loved every second of it.

It reminded me of I Wanna be the Guy, and Don't Look Back.

I really liked the opening credits, the quick, easy story, the music, and the cute little "wee!" sounds the pig made whenever he flew. The game was fun, and it ended in a great way. My only complaint is that it needed a lot of patience and appreciation to enjoy.

Lastman Lastman

IT'S A STRATEGY GAME IN DISGUISE!

Here.

To get past the first bridges and to the green platform, walk forwards until you see the first crab. Stay still. Then, when he comes close to the edge, press and hold A while going forwards to run. Jump. Your jump will go farther, enabling you to get all the crabs in time and beat the hedgehog before he destroys the bridge.

G'dluck, men!

Pilgrimage Pilgrimage

That's pretty neat.

Sometimes the simple things get the most reaction. Like the Duck Sim or "Burn the Rope".